Arts Printing House - Vilnius
The Arts Printing House is a unique creative phenomenon in Lithuania, a vibrant performing arts venue and a meeting place for artistic souls.
Established in a former printing house dating back to 1585, nowadays it deals with performing arts layouts and linotypes - those that help develop a new understanding of creativity within modern society.
Identification Operation Process Organisation
- Place name Arts Printing House
- City / TownVilnius
- AdressSiltadarzio str. 6
- Telephone+370 5 2040832
- General Emailinfo@menuspaustuve.lt
- Web sitewww.menuspaustuve.lt
- Person(s) in charge Agne Tuskeviciute / public relations coordinator Laura Gabrielaityte / international projects coordinator
Last update: 12 February 2014
- Name of the legal structurenon for profit organisation
- Creation date of the legal structure 3 April 2002
- Nature of the current property Public
- Terms of occupation loan
- Statement of the current project The Arts Printing House is a unique creative phenomenon in Lithuania, a vibrant performing arts venue and a meeting place for artistic souls. Established in a former printing house dating back to 1585, nowadays it deals with performing arts layouts and linotypes- those that help develop a new understanding of creativity within modern society.
- Genesis - History - Identity Until around 1990 - The main Printing House of Communist Party in Lithuania
Last decade of XX century - not in use
Since summer of 2000 - place of various projects of several arts NGO (Theatre and Cinema Information and Education Centre, Lithuanian Dance Information Centre, Theatre "Keistuoliai", Theatre "Uzupio teatras" etc.)
Since autumn of 2000 - lobbying activities of Lithuanian Dance Information Centre and Theatre and Cinema Information and Education Centre for assigning this complex of buildings for the contemporary performing arts
10 July 2001 - Decision of Government of Lithuania to pass these buildings to the Vilnius City Municipality with a goal to use it for the cultural needs.
3 April 2002 - Date of official establishment of new organization Arts Printing House
3 July 2002 — Decision of Vilnius City Council to remise the premises of former printing house for use to the Arts Printing House.
2 December 2002 - 10 years lease contract between Vilnius Municipality and public organization Arts Printing House signed.
- work - artistic , cultural and social practices - Disciplines performing arts,
debates and discussions on different arts and culture issues,
accumulating and disseminating information about Lithuanian and foreign performing arts.
- short & medium duration Residence(s) Arts Printing House now is open for national and international residencies. Under one roof more than 10 national performing arts organizations have their homes, with offices and spaces for rehearsals and performing. As well as international artists and organizations are welcome to visit Vilnius as international residents of Arts Printing House.
- affinity network(s) Trans Europe Halles
- Spatial current organisation 200 seats black box transformable audience hall
3 Performing/Rehearsal multyfunction space 15 rooms office premises for center administration and companies/artists/projects in residence
InfoLab (public videolibrary, internet access for 5working places)
Coffee - club
- Former usePrinting house
- Foundation's year of the original building1585
- Establishment's date of cultural activity2000
- location old town (the very center of the city)